Monday, February 22, 2010

Church integral or not

2 years a go I was struggling with the idea of church in my life, you see the fact of the matter is I am a non-denominational christian. One thing right out of the starting gates to understand is I really don't sit back and not say anything. I am a talker and I am brutally honest with most of the people out there in the world. I don't stand for bullshit or people attacking others based on faith or anything of that nature.
With that being said I am proud to be a Christian. Anyways, back on the railroad tracks that are this story! So I struggled with idea of being a christian and not going to church, there was outside influences that moved this decision to even think about this concept. Therefore, I came to the conclusion after I left a little town called Rangely, about why church was or wasn't important.
(Here is where it gets good!)
Yesterday I ended up going to (you guessed it) a church. It all started yesterday when I was watching the USA vs. Canada in the first period. The US were leading 2-1 and I was ecstatic. All of sudden my cell phone starts ringing and it's a friend named Evano. He asks me if "Do you want to go to church with us"? Now, I am sitting there watching a hell of a hockey game between the US and Canada. I pause. I say" Evano I am watching the USA take on a talented Canadian squad" he retorts "Well what do you want to do" then I say "fine I'll go.
Now, I am about to eat dinner in the middle of this when I go grab a chicken breast out of the fridge, I examine the chicken and start prodding it with my fork. I toss it in the microwave.
Bada bing! Badda Boom! She's done! Now I go back to watch the game and I tear open some chicken and it's bleeding!! Chaos ensues because now I am freaking out because the damn chicken is bleeding and I don't eat raw chicken! Hell no! Meanwhile I needed to get ready for church and the clock is ticking and I decide to eat as much as I can without contracting salmonella.
He calls me up and says "Dude, you have 3 minutes to get to our house" So I am thinking shit that's no time at all to eat dinner. So I tell my mom I am leaving and she freaks out and says "Whoa you need dinner" All of a sudden with lightning speed a sandwich is shuffled into a brown bag and handed to me. My expression was blank because I was thinking about getting over to my friends house....
Holy cow it's a long story but bare with me...
Where was I ... ah yes

I drive to my friends house and I figure they are taking me. Nope not even close to being the case. It's the polar opposite I am taking them?? So long story short we drive to the church.

So, back to the idea of going to church. Well, yesterday I found out that god pushed me to be at that church, he essentially answered my question and for that I am grateful.
Remember these opinions reflecteth me and only me!!!

-Andres
(Vicious)

No comments:

Post a Comment