Monday, December 5, 2016

Hideo Kojima the man with the exact plan

With Hideo Kojima's divorce from the most maligned company right now, Konami-- Kojima has challenged us already from day one with Metal Gear. The stories are confusing at time but they are told brilliantly and masterfully.

Goddamn the man is so good! Metal Gear games can withstand the test of time just like Ocarina of Time. But where they stand out and what I have always known is in the cryptic patterns. Kojima has to be extremely informed as a game developer. He encompasses world news, threats, themes, death, motifs and everything else in his game. But recently and I mean in the last year or so I have gone on a scavenger hunt.

PT was the thing that made me turn a couple more rocks over. Did Kojima have so much blatant symbolism that we as gamers understood his plight. Or did he want that creative freedom from the very beginning at Konami? Either way there is so many metaphors and cryptic messages throughout. The phone I didn't realize in the PT was a very telling sign...

And now with the newest IP Death Stranding I am back on the scavenger hunt. But this time I must read William Blake. Though, maybe in high school we skimmed material. Apparently, Kojima is fascinated on juxtapostionary prose in one particular poem. And for the life of me I forgot the name. But just watching about three analytical videos on Death Stranding I am that much more excited. Apparently, just like Metal Gear games he makes you think beyond the video game. He wants it to change your core, your soul and strives for something else that will linger within your heart. Even if it is sad there is this satisfaction that casts a brilliant shadow on the gamer. And I could not agree more. Games have been crafted and some last long after you have beaten them. Though, Death Stranding has a shit ton more questions than answers.

I need to investigate Ludens. They are key. And I told my friend the logo is Norman Reedus. Another hint. And umbilical cords? Where have we seen that before? So much to investigate as a fan of lore and legend and one of cryptographic messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment