Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Emma Watson and talking about the U.N.

It seems to me that Emma Watson addressed the United Nations.
I don't know if it was today or yesterday.

I do however know the boom of her audacious voice was captivating.
She wants what we all want gender equality.
In her speech she talked about the He for She campaign.

It addresses the idea that Feminism in its own right has become an ugly word.
That we as a civilization still don't have gender equality and that it comes from within.
She says we need to focus on the tenants of a civilization and that's being human.
We are all human.
Yes, we error and we are fraught with many a glaring mistake. Yet, we need to be able to address this issue
of gender equality. I think an important step is identifying what measures to take through an educational fundamental teaching.
I took a Feminist Ethics class and the lens I used to see women was drastically shaped and otherwise changed. I'm glad for the most  part I can see how women struggle. She says like we were taught in school Feminism at its fundamental root is equality for all.

It should not be misconstrued as just women gaining the upper hand in the fight for equality. The He for She Campaign is brilliant.
She also said that if men are not treated and chastizied by feminists they will organically be better for it. That it does not just start with women but both men and women.
I think Emma Watson is brilliant with her words and her cause. She's on to something and it is something that has been discussed for 20 years +. When will change happen is the larger issue. We're in 2014 and haven't really budged a lot. As with all things being educated about said issue is of the up-most importance as a full fledged damn society.

I encourage everyone to take a feminist class or Fem Ethics class. Especially, men that have a degrading view towards women.
Thanks
_Andres

No comments:

Post a Comment