Sunday, April 3, 2016

2001 what the fuck Space Odyssey?



2001: Space Odyssey back in the day was like Kubrick's insanely well painted canvas?
I am going with canvas because what it makes sense.

Kubrick had envisioned some great space adventure. And I missed 20 minutes of it today. I had never seen the film ever.

And to see it I was in awe. I think it came out in the 80's but I am not sure. All I know is I was visually blown away. Yes, this is slow sci-fi which is okay. I recently by that I mean---maybe about a week and a half a go, my friend Ian told me to watch Space 1999.
My introduction to Sci-fi is through books and Star Trek. So I mean also the obvious is Star Wars. But I have read so much Sci-fi it is hard to keep track...anyway 2001 was an artistic delight.
The dialogue is well done and sometimes the  camera angles are nauseating. Seriously, it moves at a sloth pace but it is Hal that saves the movie. Hal 9000 is incredible in the film. He's not just some AI he's a prominent character.

Though the last half of the film gets so confusing. Kubrick did the same shit with Eyes Wide Shut. And what other films have I seen of his. Though, Full Metal Jacket is a classic the ending works. Eyes Wide Shut you're just like what the fuck? Does Kubrick have a bowl of cereal and decide this will work as an open end to a fucking film.

Pure confusion at the end for me. I tried to follow the story line and it was very good until that last half of the film. I love weird  (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Pans Labryinth, Hellboy, )

My mind was proverbially fucking blown by that last smidgen of film. Why did this happen? What the fuck was that thing? How come it ended like that?

Goddamnit it is perplexing to say the least.

I am happy I finally saw the film. Now I need to hunt down the first 20 minutes.

Toodles readers

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment