Thursday, January 13, 2022

Penguin Drum finale

 SPOILERS


Hard to put into words how much I love characters. From Bleach to One Piece animes can move you.

Penguin Drum was one such an anime that moved me.

I did not cry. But I was just confused by  how the show wanted to end. It blew me away Shou and Kanba basically not existing or being a memory was shattering. Their not real sister Himari basically on her death bed throughout the whole damn show, survives from sacrifiice. And also Ringo switching her fate with Shou and Kanba.

But the best scene to me was the ripped bear that Kanba and Shou stitched back up because they ruined it. Himari looks at it and starts weeping because inside the bear is a note.

You see in this world. Shou and Kanba exist but they are not brothers with Himari. Incredibly sad. But the only redemptive thing is that Ringo in this world , is good friends with Himari. This anime took me on a crazy fucking ride.

As the whole premise is Himari is going to die. And the brothers have to find a way to save her. And when the Penguindrum is revealed it is really neat. So much of the anime is tied into Fate / Punishment. It was sensational the symbolism in it.

And yes I needed to further understand by looking at how others interpreted the ending. I was confused. But once reading what they wrote it started making sense. Shou and Kanba are amazing characters. I wish even in the flashbacks we find more about Momoka. Momoka you see was Ringo's sister who died. She was killed because of Kanba and Shou's father. Where there is a syndicate element to it makes it even more intriguing. Plus Kanba killed I dunno how many goddamn people .But he dies but in a peaceful way. ANd then Shou dies switiching fates with Ringo and assuming the scorpion fire.

I also loved the Idols. Though, they could have been fleshed out more.

Goddamn it I want season 2. But I doubt we get it. Oh well, what a crazy interesting anime from start to finish. Brilliant!

_S

No comments:

Post a Comment